Friday, March 15, 2013

Meeting Emma and Time For Tea

In a previous post I talked about how my maternity leave is ending and I'm frantically trying to cross things off my to-do list.  This week I accomplished at least one major item-clean out my china cabinet.

The very top shelf houses my collection of tea cups, something I only collected for a few years when I was a kid-but my grandmother really helped facilitate the collection so I have not been able to part with them.  Even this time I had a few selected to downsize the collection but just could not do it.  So I  thought if I'm going to keep them I better use them.
So I planned a tea party for my three year old daughter Emma and myself.  I had a pretty high expectation of what the tea party was going to be like, but reality of course was much different.  I pictured us both dressed up as princesses, reality was Emma had an Elmo t-shirt on and I was still in my pajamas.  I thought it would be a nice, leisurely cup of tea and freshly baked blueberry muffins, reality was Emma spilled her tea cup full of orange juice three times.  I was so looking forward to just even 15 minutes with my daughter, reality was Dustin woke up from his nap about 5 minutes into the tea party.  But do you think any of that mattered to Emma, no way.  She loved every minute of it.
So I'm going to keep the tea cups for now.  I'm sure they'll help make many more memories with Miss Emma.

TNT Pin (Tried N' True Pin)

Skinny Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

Thought it was time to share another TNT Pin.  When I saw this Pin, I couldn't wait to try these brownies and they did not disappoint.   I didn't have Greek yoghurt, so I just used regular plain yoghurt.  The Greek yoghurt would probably make them even more delicious!

Click here for the recipe.   Enjoy!

Wishing everyone a safe and fun weekend.  Hope you and your loved ones can enjoy some St. Patrick's Day festivities-I know we will be!

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment