Monday, February 25, 2013

Be My Valentine!

So I suspect one of the rules of blogging is writing timely posts, i.e. don't write your Valentine's post almost two weeks after Valentine's Day.  However, I'm sorta playing catch-up since my first three posts were about me and this blog.  So here it is, my first "real" post with content and pictures.

First of all, Valentine's Day has never been a big deal for hubby and me.  But once you have kids it seems these holidays have a little more significance.  I little gift for the kids, some fun crafts, and yummy baking.   So I was more than surprised when I received this arrangement of flowers from the kids and Dean.  And maybe less than impressed that he sent his mother to get them for him (I have the best Mother-In-Law in the world).  But as they say, it's the thought that counts.


I made Valentine's Day cards with the kids to send to the family.  I hope everyone appreciated how hard it was to get the hand print of a 9 month old! I originally saw this idea here.


I planned a special dinner of Chicken Parmesan, Caesar Salad and Garlic Bread.  And made this for dessert.

 

I love chocolate so of course love this blog by Chocolate Covered Katie.  She has a great recipe for single serving chocolate cake.  Click here for the recipe.  I omitted the mocha as I don't like the taste of it. I baked it in a small Pyrex dish.  Single serving is important for me as I have NO willpower.  So if I bake a full-size cake it will most likely be eaten entirely by me!   I placed a paper heart on the cake and sprinkled it with icing sugar.  It made for a tasty little treat.  

All in all it was a pretty good Valentine's Day, most importantly filled with love from family and friends. 

~Elizabeth












3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so tasty and like a wonderful Valentine's Day! Happy belated! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie. Happy belated to you as well!

      Delete